UCONN Health Cell & Genome Science Building
About Bactana Corp.
Bactana is a socially impactful company formed as a collaboration between Cornell University, a renowned animal health scientist, and a successful life science entrepreneur. We have patented the use of a select group of microbes that enhance the gut microbiome to improve animal health & farming efficiency. Our lead technology manipulates the microbial ecology of newborn animals to enhance the interaction of an animal’s microbiome with its immune system & metabolism (immunometabolism).
Bactana is seeking an experienced laboratory technician to help optimize our fermentation and formulation processes, produce material for trials and light-scale commercial production, and perform upkeep of lab equipment and supplies.
Bactana is a private development-stage company funded by Connecticut Innovations, Cornell University, and other private equity investors.
What you’ll be doing:
- In this position, you will be working as part of a small team to continue Bactana’s commercial and scientific growth and development.
- Carrying out fermentation under anaerobic conditions to produce products for clinical/field trials and support light commercial scale production.
- Taking an active role in determining research strategies, including designing and implementing process improvement through strain and media optimization.
- Participating in formulation development, including operations such as lyophilization, spraying, and freezing.
- Interpreting results and presenting/discussing with Bactana team and external collaborators.
- Carrying out and develop SOPs in line with GMP practices
- Maintaining proper record keeping practices.
- Performing preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Carrying out quality control and aiding in technical servicing of equipment (as required).
- Carrying out ordering of laboratory supplies in accordance with inventory management procedures.
- Deliver innovative solutions, foster continuous process improvement, scale-up and implement new initiatives, drive cost-savings, and maintain exceptional work quality.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a small team.
- Bachelor of Science degree (Advanced degree a plus).
- 2+ years of lab technician experience.
- Being well organized and able to effectively document experimental details to facilitate process improvement.
- Willingness to work on multiple projects and learn new skills.
- Experience maintaining lab supplies and equipment
- Experience in microbiology and or fermentation is highly desirable. Experience with anaerobic fermentation a plus.
- Ability to produce and follow SOPs.
- This position is expected to deliver innovative solutions, foster continuous process improvement, scale-up and implement new technologies, drive cost-savings, and maintain exceptional product quality.
- Experience with safe laboratory practices.
- Experience working under GMP conditions a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Base salary & performance bonus
Stock equity package
Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Candidates should live in or be willing to relocate to the Farmington, CT area.
Interested candidates should visit https://tinyurl.com/Bactana-LT1 to apply for this job.